• 1906 W. Biesterfeld & Co. was founded; Focus: trade of rock salt
  • 1945 Acquisition of Gunter, Schröder und Co.:
    The foundation was laid for today`s distribution network of BCD Chemie GmbH (BCD)
  • 2003 Brenntag acquired 50% of shares of Biesterfeld Chemiedistribution Gmb
  • 2010 The business units of HuB were integrated by 1 January 2010
  • 2010 Brenntag acquired the remaining shares of BCD from Biesterfeld AG
  • 2010 The BCD mission statement “Die ChemieVersteher“ was developed and implemented
  • 2012 Change of the company´s name to BCD Chemie GmbH
  • Since 2012 Pan-European presence

bcd website Historie